Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Worried.

I have to admit.
I can’t believe
You’re my hearts bandit.
I want, but will I achieve?

I have these dreams,
I worry that they’re lies.
But then I see the beams
Streaming bright from your eyes.

I keep strong,
I look towards the light.
I feel like this isn’t wrong.
I know that this is right.

I will not give up war,
This is worth it.
This is worth fighting for.
You’re worth every hit.

I’m not ashamed to tell you
I am afraid.
But if what I believe is true,
This path will be made.

-rachelleeashlee.<3

2 comments:

  1. I love your work! You write with passion and energy and spirit. So much evokes feeling and if a poet can do that, the poet has done something worthwhile.

    Since you have read a lot of my work, you surely have seen I have been through many struggles. I am 46 years old, too, so I have had many more years to feel pain and be fucked up at times. The lows I have been through were terrible.

    BUT, don't ever give up and do not ever feel that suicide or quitting are an answer; they are not. You have too much to say and have a wonderful, poetic voice.

    If you were not in the world, then you never would have sent me kind words about my poetry after a hard week. It made me feel really good and I appreciated it a lot. And, if you were not in the world, I would not have read such wonderful poetry from your pen.

    Keep writing, keep living and keep learning! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This definitely made my day. And that's why I love your work as well, Because I can see it comes from the heart and I can see you've had struggles.
    I believe in taking a bad experience and turning it into art for the world to see.

    Thank you so much. :]

    ReplyDelete