Monday, December 20, 2010

Hope.

Imagine crying
the way that I did
and hiding
the places that I hid.

try to walk a mile
in my shoes
yet i managed to smile
as i thought of which choice to choose.
*after i moved on from the booze.*

death, rape, and drugs,
nothing can compare
to the simplicity of hugs,
even though loving ones are rare.

through it all,
i tried to keep hope,
i stayed standing tall,
i refused to mope.

someday i'll be a shining star.
my name will be bright.
they'll know i've come far,
and finally i'll see the light.

-rachelleashlee.<3

*original line.*

2 comments:

  1. I have one more poem to go before I have read them all and I will say more on the most recent post, but ...

    The last verse here is the most important one of all that I have read of your work. Yes, you have what it takes as a person and as a poetic soul to be a shining star. Working through struggles is worth the pain because that shining light really is beautiful when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! [: All your kind words are really helping me I really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete