Friday, December 24, 2010

"Looking Back and Looking Forward"

This was also an assignment, just before graduating middle school. (Mesa Verde is the middle school I attended.)Going through middle school was tough, and its weird looking back thinking I went into with mom and coming out of it without.

i remember my first year at Mesa Verde.
seeing a new face,
feeling a new path to chase.
"welcome to middle school," they shout,
and i taste the fear of a beginning of a brand new route.
the smell of a whole new world that day,
i remember my first day at mesa verde.

i remember 8th grade at mesa verde.
seeing it all for my final time,
feeling the desks that are no longer mine.they say their goodbyes,
as i taste salty tears rolling from my eyes.
the smell of my middle school world going away,
i remember 8th grade at mesa verde.

i look forward to high school.
hoping everything will be okay,
yet fearing i'll dread every single day.
i wonder where this road will take me.
i will never really be free.
with my friends, ill only keep the true,
i look forward to high school.

-rachelleeashlee<3.

No comments:

Post a Comment